Membership applications must be submitted before the end of February. The application should describe the statutes, the curricula and the number of students in journalism. If the applying member has a national accreditation, the report should also be included.
Send your application by e-mail to info [at] ejta.eu OR to
European Journalism Training Association (EJTA)
Leen Van Tolhuysen
B- 2800 Mechelen
1. The EJTA Board will examine the application.
2. If the Board evaluates the application positively, the applicant gets a detailed outline of the procedure from the EJTA Office. This is a summary:
• An EJTA Board member will visit the applicant’s institution. The applicant covers the expenses (travel, stay) of this assessment visit.
• The Board member will write a recommendation for the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The Board will circulate this recommendation to the members no later than 30 days prior to the AGM.
• The candidate member gives a presentation (7 minutes) about the institution and the reasons for wanting to become a member; after that the Annual General Meeting votes on admission.
• If admitted, the new member will get a discount of 500 euro of the yearly fee in the first year (May – December) of membership. This means that the first year’s fee is 250 Euro.
For further information please contact the EJTA Office.